Michigan Motor Vehicle Accidents – Personal Injury Law Firm in Michigan

Jun 18, 2021Car Accident0 comments

Hello, my name is John Alexander and I am a personal injury attorney in the state of Michigan. We have offices in Bingham Farms, Michigan, which services Macomb County, Oakland County and Wayne County.

I am a specialist, Michigan Personal Injury Attorney and today I would like to talk to you about motor vehicle accidents, we all have a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as our forefathers testified in the Declaration of Independence and what that means is if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in MIchigan by the fault of another, your right to pursue life liberty and the pursuit of happiness has been impaired.

If you were involved in a Michigan motor vehicle accident and have suffered injuries, it is possible for you to make a claim for money damages against the at-fault driver.

There are a couple things you need to prove.

  • First, you need to obviously prove that the other driver was at fault.
  • Secondly, you need to sustain a injury that was objective. In other words, a test depicts your injury, such as an X-ray, a MRI, a CT scan or an EMG.
  • Thirdly, the injury has to be to an important body function which, generally speaking, is your head, your neck, shoulders, back, arms, leg or feet.
  • Fourthly, and the most important thing you need to prove is that your general ability to lead your life has been affected.

What the Michigan courts will do is they will compare your life before the accident to your life after the accident. And if there our certain activities that you can’t do, such as work, such as hobbies, social activities, then you have sustained a general inability to lead your life and you will be successful in making a claim against the at fault driver.

Generally speaking if you have a good Michigan Personal Injury Attorney, they can get you 7 times more compensation that you could on your own. I represent Michigan automobile accident victims statewide, and feel free to call me to discuss your case at 248-290-5600.

Frequently Asked Questions